Pages

Sunday 10 April 2016

Weather - Sunday Stamps II

On a nice sunny Sunday morning it does not seem appropriate that I start with - 

Rain - Great Britain - 13 March 2001
The set of four weather stamps also included other barometer shots of Stormy, Very Dry and -

Fair
In these days of climate change I was pleased to find this, even if the conference itself did not achieve all that much - 

Denmark - UN Climate Change Conference, Copenhagen, 2009
BRǼNDSELCELLER translates as Fuel Cells. I must look out for the 8 kroner stamp issued at the same time, 9 September 2009, which showed a wind turbine. The design of both stamps are superb.

This is a post for Sunday-Stamps-II-69 where I've discovered Violet has also shown the GB set. Cross over and see what others have to offer.

8 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - love those two stamps .. I hadn't been aware of them - Raining Cats and Dogs ... and then 'Fair' on the barometer ...

Our weather will continue to change as it's always done ... let's hope our Spring Weather is warming up - cheers Hilary

Heleen said...

I love the barometers stamp serie!
And just now I catch the picture: raining cats and dogs :-) (in dutch we name it 'hondenweer', 'dogs weather').

aw said...

Given our obsession with the weather it is surprising we hadn't had a weather related set of stamps earlier.
Ann

Mail Adventures said...

Nice to see the details of these stamps.

FinnBadger said...

Even though I have seen these stamps before (including just now at Sunday Stamps), like Heleen I didn't notice the clever raining cats and dogs until now.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Love the color in the first two. :)

Sandra Cox said...

How did you ever manage to find these stamps?

VioletSky said...

I had actually forgotten about this series until yesterday when I found the stamp while looking for something else. Love Meeuwissen's illustrations.